Problems with uploading translation

Use the translation manager to re-purpose content for different languages or audiences

Moderator: Nav

Problems with uploading translation

Postby Matthias Kausch » Mon May 23, 2011 3:32 am

Hi,

I have just tried to translate a course lesson to German. I had no problems creating and downloading the Excel spreadsheet and translating worked well. On uploading the modified excel spreadsheet, however, the translated text is not imported in the lesson. The lesson is recreated with the correct time stamp in the Work in Progress folder without any of the translated elements being imported.

This is what I did:
I created a target in the Translate function and exported text based on that target. I have only changed text in the Modified Localization Text column of the spreadsheet. I am importing the changed spreadsheet using the Import Text option under Tools. I have allowed Excel to use Macros.

Where am I going wrong?

Best Regards,

Matthias
Matthias Kausch

Re: Problems with uploading translation

Postby Nav » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:14 pm

Hi Matthias,
Just to cover the basics, you won't notice any difference to a translation on the Authoring Stage. You need to preview the translated version or take a look at the File > Translate window again to see them.

If you're still having trouble, it might be something else. Please email or PM the name of the lesson and attach the spreadsheet. My email is ndhillon at suddenlysmart com.

- Nav
Nav

Return to Translation