Video Object

Use the translation manager to re-purpose content for different languages or audiences

Moderator: Nav

Video Object

Postby *noah » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:49 am

I am noticing that, if an FLV url is used, the video object cannot be "translated." I only have the option of selecting from the library and the text export doesn't reference that FLV url. I would love to be comfortable adopting the new features but also trust that they will work in translation too! Any workarounds we can think of?

Thanks!

*Noah
http://twitter.com/noahsparks
*noah

Re: Video Object

Postby Nav » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:04 pm

Hi Noah,
At this time, there is not. Due to the translation architecture of SmartBuilder, we can only expose one property to be translated per object. In this case, it's the file that is being referenced by the FLV object. This is the same reason that Menu with Topics and Pages cannot be translated.

That being said, I can see about adding a property to the video object to set the URL based on a text object. No promises, but I'll see what I can do.

- Nav
Nav

Postby *noah » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:10 pm

Good to know! Thanks Nav.
*noah

Postby BarMan » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:38 am

Nav wrote:
That being said, I can see about adding a property to the video object to set the URL based on a text object. No promises, but I'll see what I can do.

- Nav

Hi Nav,

Can we already change flv's in a translation and thus have a native voice over for each language?

:-)
BarMan

Postby Nav » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:18 pm

Yes, I think so. I created a blank lesson, dropped a video on the page, created a translation, and it showed up in the translate panel. We've never had a client that had video and translation in the same lesson (probably because it would be expensive and data hungry), so I don't have much experience with it... but yes, looks like it should work just like a graphic or audio.

- Nav
Nav

Postby BarMan » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:25 pm

Thanks.
I know a project which will contain a small video per language ... ;-)
BarMan

Return to Translation