Error message when importing translated text

Use the translation manager to re-purpose content for different languages or audiences

Moderator: Nav

Error message when importing translated text

Postby pboyer » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:40 am

When I try to import an excel file, I get this error message: The lesson text file you are trying to import is invalid

Under work In Progress, I select the lesson then I select Tools>Import Text, then I select the Excel file with the translated text. After I few seconds, the Invalid message appears. Our translators followed the instructions and changed only the Modified Localization Text column. What causes the Invalid message and how do I solve it?

Thank you for your help.

Philip
pboyer

Re: Error message when importing translated text

Postby Nav » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:50 pm

Hi Philip,
My guesses would be either:
1. Some changes have been made to the lesson since exporting the text (objects added or removed). Or,
2. There is a special character that is causing issues.

You can check to see if the problem is #1 by exporting the text from the lesson again. Then you can compare your two spreadsheets' Modified Text column. You can copy the one from the translated XLS by using this method http://screencast.com/t/daGlzkrcau and then pasting it over the freshly exported XLS. Then see if all the rows line up (start at the end and you should be able to tell right away). If they don't line up, you can move the text around to get it to work and then import it.

If the text does line up, or after you've tried to fix it, then it might be #2. Please email the broken XLS to us at Support at SuddenlySmart. We'll take a look and see if there's a problem with the characters or anything else.

- Nav
Nav

Return to Translation