student should enter latin text with a russian keyboard

Use the translation manager to re-purpose content for different languages or audiences

Moderator: Nav

student should enter latin text with a russian keyboard

Postby BarMan » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:41 am

Hi all, hi Nav,

We are currently building an e-learning in Dutch and English in which the student must enter one word, in normal Latin characters. We check on this word if it is the right word.

Later we will have to translate this e-learning in Russian. I hope somebody has some experiences with this case and I hope someone can tell me if a Russian keyboard with Russian characters may also enter this word in latin characters.

Thanks all, for your reactions.
BarMan

Re: student should enter latin text with a russian keyboard

Postby Nav » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:12 pm

Hi,
I don't know much about different keyboards, but you could also just compare the input against the contents of a text object. So rather than:

Condition: Input text > getText == "YES"

You could do:

Condition: Input text > getText == Answer text > getText

That way the correct answer is in a text object and can be translated alongside the rest of the text. In that case the Russian on the Russian keyboard can enter a Russian answer and get Russian feedback.

- Nav
Nav

Re: student should enter latin text with a russian keyboard

Postby BarMan » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:24 pm

Thanks, Nav.
The name was from an image, we could change the image per translation and use your tip.
In the meantime I learned from a Russian guy that every keyboard in Russia can type Latin characters.
BarMan

Return to Translation