Choosing language

Use the translation manager to re-purpose content for different languages or audiences

Moderator: Nav

Re: Choosing language

Postby Nav » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:47 pm

Hi Sarah,
I think it will still work (I'm not sure if you were expressing concern, or just giving extra information). It shouldn't matter what you're linking to, but whatever transparent object you're using currently may need to be replaced with a Hotspot (because that has the setURL method).

- Nav
Nav

Postby Greycious » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:37 am

Hi Nav,

Well, the point is that I do not use an URL to get to the SWF. Originally, I used the hyperlink option on the transparant object (which can easily be an hotspot indeed) and used the option "launch asset". So the SWF is just an asset which is not based on a page somewhere. That is why I think the URL option will not work.

Hope I managed to explain the problem correctly ;).

Cheers, Sarah
Greycious

Postby Nav » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:42 am

Hi Sarah,
Oh, sorry, I didn't put that together. Hmm. You have 2 options.

1. Use a relative url like "/files/whatever.swf" and then after you download the lesson, you can add the SWFs to a folder called "files". It requires making this change every time you download the lesson, though.

2. Show different objects based on a text object. http://screencast.com/t/tSFyDKiqLNx6 I forgot to mention, once you've got it working, you can place the text object off screen so it doesn't confuse the learner.

Hope that helps.
Nav

Postby Greycious » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:06 am

Hi Nav,

No probs. Thank you, that helps. I'll choose for the option to work with different option for each version. I think this will be easier to maintain in the future. Happy you got me another solution ;).

Cheers, Sarah
Greycious

Previous

Return to Translation