Folders in My Published Content to organize lessons

For general questions about content management

Moderator: Leif

Folders in My Published Content to organize lessons

Postby Nav » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:55 am

This is a recent question from an author that we get from time to time, that others might have wondered about.

Is there any way of archiving these files? This is rapidly becoming unworkable, and as there are around 70 screens per unit, with different versions of each screen there are just too many to search through. Is it possible to create a folder in 'my published content' to park all the screens that have been published?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Best
Nav

Re: Folders in My Published Content to organize lessons

Postby Nav » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:55 am

Hi Matt,
The My Published Content list is a living, searchable list of all your content. If you want to keep things organized, you can create subfolders in your Shared Library, and drag your published lessons into them, and use that as your go-to place for finding content.

In the Shared Library, lessons can only exist in only one folder. They are also pointers to the lessons, not the lessons themselves. This means that if you delete it from the Shared Library, it's different from deleting it from your Published Content. As always, I recommend you never delete anything ever. Maybe create a "Trash" shared folder if you don't want to look at something.

Here's a video to show you how to use the Shared Library to keep things neat - http://screencast.com/t/MpNHUDmtsc

You could just create a folder for your "active" stuff, essentially bookmarking those lessons so they're easy to find, and leave your My Published Content messiness to act as your archive.

Hope that helps!

- Nav
Nav

Re: Folders in My Published Content to organize lessons

Postby Nav » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:01 am

Here are some more tips to help you with finding particular images used in a lesson, finding lessons using a particular image, and then Replacing that image (which will update all lessons that refer to that image once you republish them).

http://screencast.com/t/EJMJ122LKYJ0
Nav

Return to General