Extracting/copying pages from one lesson to another

For general questions about content management

Moderator: Leif

Extracting/copying pages from one lesson to another

Postby estrothers@msn.com » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:17 am

Hello,

Is there a way to extract or copy a page from one lesson so it can be placed in a new lesson? The reason I want to do this is because in one lesson my supervisor wants the same exact content in another lesson. As of now, I am recreating the page with all of the display pages and content.

I was hoping that there was an easier way. Is there?

Thanks,

Elaine
estrothers@msn.com

Using templates to re-create interactivity

Postby Leif » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:34 pm

Hi Elaine,

If you are the template manager for your organization, you will see an option under the "File" menu to "Save as Template". Navigate to the page you want to replicate and choose this option. You will then need to select your organization's template folder, and click "Save Template". You will then be asked to name this new template. You can then apply this template in your other lesson.

If you do not see the "Save as Template" option in your "File" menu, contact your organization's lead developer. They will need to do the template save as for you. You will then be able to apply the template once it has been created.

Cheers,

Leif
Leif

Postby Julia » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:59 pm

I would love to have this listed as an enhancement request: the ability to easily copy pages from one lesson to another without having to save individual pages as individual templates.
Julia

Copy pages between lessons

Postby Rob Penn » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:29 pm

Thanks for the feedback. We agree that this would be useful and it is on our enhancement list. We don't have a firm date, but expect that it will be available in Q1 2008.
Rob Penn

Copying pages

Postby Leif » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:51 pm

It is now possible to copy pages within a lesson or between lessons by either: selecting that page in the cast, or on the Page Sequencer window.

You will then see that page appear in your paste cue.
Leif

Return to General