Unable to select buttons

For general questions about content management

Moderator: Leif

Unable to select buttons

Postby gerard » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:54 pm

Hello,

Some of the buttons that I have created on various pages are not selectable. They all have their trigger and actions associated with them, however when I preview the page, I am unable to select them.
gerard

Re: Unable to select buttons

Postby Nav » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:54 am

Hi Gerard,
Thanks for posting this on the forum. As you figured out yourself, the problem was a graphic on the Master Pages got in the way of the buttons on the regular pages, and you couldn't click on them. Probably because it was a PNG or a SWF with some transparency, you could still see the buttons, but not click on them. Your question after that though, was what is the best way to use a master page graphic that does not affect the use of the buttons on the actual pages?

The best way to have a background graphic on the Master Page is to use the Background Graphic property. When you're on the Master Page, and you don't have any objects selected, you actually have the page selected, and can view its properties in the Properties panel. One of the options is for a graphic, which will show up behind a regular page, even when the Master Page is layered on top.

2010-08-30_0915.png
2010-08-30_0915.png (37.87 KiB) Viewed 6431 times
Background.png
Background.png (96.35 KiB) Viewed 6431 times
You might also want to check or uncheck the "Fit to Page" option below that depending on the size/shape of your graphic.

Note that Background Graphics are always aligned to the top left. If for whatever reason this doesn't work for you, I think there might be a way to use another object to make an "intangible" graphic, but I haven't thoroughly tested it.
Nav

Return to General