Experiences with Video Rich course

For general questions about content management

Moderator: Leif

Experiences with Video Rich course

Postby tahiya » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:31 am

I am considering switching over from Captivate SWF's to FLV's from premiere and after effects. This would mean that materials formerly in Captivate are basically now video. Does anyone have advice or warnings about that? Is there a reason not to build it all as one SB file?

My final file would be about 35 pages, give or take, with about 1/3 procedural demos in FLV (never more than 3 minutes each,usually less than 2) about 1/3 exposition in FLV (again, very rare to be more than 2.5 minutes, usually less than 1 min) and the rest sims and assessment activities.
play, play, play
tahiya

Re: Experiences with Video Rich course

Postby Nav » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:37 am

Hi Tahiya,
That all sounds good to me!

If you find that your lessons are getting bulky and you're constantly updating them, you can extract the videos and host them separately from the SmartBuilder lessonby using the FLV URL Property. This will allow you to upload just the SmartBuilder lesson, which would have a small file size, and point to the videos dynamically. Just a suggestion. If you're happy keeping it all as one package, that is often simpler and easier to keep track of.

Best of luck.

- Nav
Nav

Return to General