iMovie

For issues related to delivery of content to end-learners e.g. LMS tracking via SCORM and delivery of content offline.

Moderator: Nav

iMovie

Postby KassieK » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:34 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to download a project and import into imovie or a movie format?
KassieK

Re: iMovie

Postby Nav » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:19 pm

Hi Kassie,
SmartBuilder is a tool for building interactions. It doesn't have any export settings for non-interactive movies formats. You could build a lesson that runs all by itself, but it would still be a regular SmartBuilder format. Or you might build a lesson and then record yourself going through it using some sort of screen recording tool (captivate, camtasia, wink, etc). And if that program doesn't export the format you want natively, there are a number of 3rd party converters that will get it into the correct format you.

What kind of content are you trying to build that you'd want SmartBuilder to create a movie? Hope this helps! And please let me know what you want to build, because it could be that we're not fulfilling a very legitimate need.

- Nav
Nav

Postby KassieK » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:41 am

Hi Nav,

I wanted to convert to a movie format because of the loading time it takes when starting the lesson and throughout. I created a presentation lastweek with audio, music and pictures. The audio would start right away in some parts but would not match what was coming up on the screen because of the loading time it took for the pictures. I tried putting it on a disc and viewing it in html. There was nothing I could do about the timing in the lesson itself because every computer is different and lined up on some but not all (majority all).
KassieK

Postby Nav » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:23 pm

Hmm, that is a pretty valid reason... Have you tried the "preload" property on the audio and graphic objects? Checking that property will mean that the page won't start until all the content is loaded. This should keep images from showing up before they have loaded, and showing up later than they should. If you want, we can set up a gotomeeting and take a closer look at this.

- Nav
Nav

Postby KassieK » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:10 am

Okay. I will try that for my next project. Thanks Nav.
KassieK

Return to Delivery (LMS Tracking / SCORM / Offline Delivery)