Scoring Incorrect

For issues related to delivery of content to end-learners e.g. LMS tracking via SCORM and delivery of content offline.

Moderator: Nav

Scoring Incorrect

Postby dawn.dickinson » Fri May 08, 2009 8:23 am

Hello -

I have a quiz at the end of my course which has 10 questions in a question set. 9 are multiple choice and 1 is a drag/drop. I have the scoring properties set up so that each question is worth 10%.

I've uploaded my course to the LMS and when I get all the questions correct I only get 90%. I don't know which question is not feeding correctly - can you help please?

Thanks,
Dawn
dawn.dickinson

Re: Scoring Incorrect

Postby Nav » Mon May 11, 2009 10:08 am

Hi Dawn,
Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. From your email you mentioned that you noticed you were getting 90% whether you got the D&D correct or not. This makes me think (along with the screenshot you sent) that the Question Set, which is keeping track of the score, doesn't know whether or not the D&D has been answered correctly.

Basically there are two ways out of the D&D question - either the learner gets it correct or incorrect, just like any other question. So you'll need 2 conditions branching off that question. As you can see in the screenshot below (you may need to click on the picture to see the whole thing), there's a green, correct condition that checks to see if the D&D object has been passed (and you can specify the passed value of the D&D in its popup window). The else node is red because it is the incorrect condition.
screen.png
screen.png (34.61 KiB) Viewed 6261 times

So if you add another condition, make sure it's green (in the options for the condition, there is a checkbox by the copy and paste icons), and record "passed" (simply click on the D&D object until it says passed) it should work out properly. Basically, this is informing the Question Set which condition it should give credit for, and which it should consider incorrect.

Hope that helps!

- Nav
Nav

Return to Delivery (LMS Tracking / SCORM / Offline Delivery)