Pre and Post Test Ranking Scale

For issues related to delivery of content to end-learners e.g. LMS tracking via SCORM and delivery of content offline.

Moderator: Nav

Pre and Post Test Ranking Scale

Postby ekrm42 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:20 am

I would like to create a pre-and post test in my lesson to gauge an individuals knowledge before and after they take the lesson. Its is only a ranking scale from Very Knowledgeable to not Knowledgeable with 4-5 topic areas. How do you suggest I do this?
ekrm42

Re: Pre and Post Test Ranking Scale

Postby Nav » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:37 am

Hi Liz,
The trickiest part of this is how you want to send the information to the LMS. The LMS has different places you can store information. One is a score for the lesson (there can be only one score for a lesson, though). Another is called an "objective" and you might have 1 objective or 10 in your lesson. You can potentially use this to store your pre-test score.

The real question is, once it's in your LMS, can you actually make use of it (does it show up on your report, etc)? This is something that you'll have to find out through your LMS.

But once you calculate the score of the pretest (perhaps using Question Set which will automatically calculate a 0-100 score for you), you can send that score to the LMS with the following Action in SmartBuilder. You can send a different score for each of the topic areas if you like.

Trigger: Question Set > onComplete [or something of the like]
Response: SCORM / AICC > setObjectiveRawScore > Function > Question Set > getScore

Note that if you use a Question Set, you do not want to check the "Automatically submit the score the to LMS" check mark. This is because this will set the lesson's score (remember, there can be only one lesson score), and you want to save that for the post assessment.

Let me know if you have any questions when setting this up.

- Nav
Nav

Return to Delivery (LMS Tracking / SCORM / Offline Delivery)