LMS API problems in ANGEL CMS

For issues related to delivery of content to end-learners e.g. LMS tracking via SCORM and delivery of content offline.

Moderator: Nav

LMS API problems in ANGEL CMS

Postby Bill Rose » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:57 am

Hello. I have created a simple 5-question quiz (file is called "Sample Quiz for SCORM output") using a single question set. I have checked the box for "Automatically submit score to LMS upon completion" in the question scoring. I have published and downloaded this quiz several times, being very sure to use Advanced download setting, Export as LMS compliant, and SCORM 1.2 support. I did try SCORM 2004 once as well. Same result. We use the ANGEL CMS here at Penn State. I can import and decompress the file in ANGEL successfully. It will run (yeah!), but it cannot communicate the raw score. Here are two sets of error messages I receive:

First, upon quiz start:

"Unable to locate the LMS's API implementation. LMS Initialize was not successful." followed by "Unable to locate the LMS's API implementation. LMS GetValue was not successful."

The quiz runs normally; I exit the quiz.

Secondly, upon quiz exit:

"Unable to locate the LMS's API implementation. LMS SetValue was not successful." followed by a series of identical messages dealing with Commit, GetValue, Commit, and Finish failures.

I am eager to know what my next troubleshooting step is. I see that someone reported the same problem in this forum a couple years ago, but the resolution took place offline.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bill
Bill Rose

Re: LMS API problems in ANGEL CMS

Postby Nav » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:18 pm

Hi Bill,
Usually these problems take a screensharing session to resolve. I'll email you directly. When we find the resolution, I'll be sure to post a summary back here on this thread for posterity.

- Nav
Nav

Postby amg1405 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:46 pm

Hi

Did you find a solution to this? I'm getting the same messages (but not using a quiz)
amg1405

Postby Nav » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:18 am

Hello,
I looked through my records, and I didn't find a resolution to this either. Perhaps it was handled over the phone...?

In any case, maybe we should do a gotomeeting. I suspect it might be a mismatch between the SCORM versions that the LMS allows. Are you using SCORM 2004 or SCORM 1.2? You can start a support chat, or email us (support at suddenlysmart) and we can take a look at this together.

- Nav
Nav

Return to Delivery (LMS Tracking / SCORM / Offline Delivery)