SmartBuilder support on Android (Mobile)

For issues related to delivery of content to end-learners e.g. LMS tracking via SCORM and delivery of content offline.

Moderator: Nav

SmartBuilder support on Android (Mobile)

Postby SB Support » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:33 am

SmartBuilder content is supported on newer Android devices. Here are some common questions and answers related to Android support:

Q. What Android versions support SmartBuilder lessons?
A. Android 2.2 (Froyo) and above supports Flash Player 10. The device also needs a Dedicated Cortex A8 (ARMv7) processor.
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplay ... tml#mobile

Q. How can I install the Flash player on Android?
A. You can get it from the built-in Android market place or from the browser. It is fairly easy to install.

Q. What browser to use on Android to play SmartBuilder lessons?
A. Kompass, firefox, skyfire; most of the Android browsers supports Flash

Q. Are there any special SmartBuilder publication settings for Android?
A. There are no special settings. The main consideration is to use an appropriate stage size. You can adjust your lesson stage size from the Edit menu in the authoring window.

Q. What are SCORM implications on Android platform?
A. Various LMS vendors are providing different levels of support to mobile devices. Please check with your SCORM LMS vendor.

Q. Are multiple browser windows supported in browsers running on Android?
A.There is limited support for concurrent multiple browser windows. On Android, it opens a special UI window for popups that overlays the main browser window. You can open only one popup at a time.
SB Support

Re: SmartBuilder support on Android (Mobile)

Postby rincewind50 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:48 am

I am trying to run some courses I have created on a Motorola Xoom tablet running Android 3.0.1

If I download a lesson as a standalone and try to run the swf file it displays in a small part of the screen. In your experience should I be downloading the lesson and play it through a browser?
rincewind50

Re: SmartBuilder support on Android (Mobile)

Postby Nav » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:45 am

Hi,
Yes, you should be viewing SmartBuilder through the browser in order for it to work.

- Nav
Nav

Return to Delivery (LMS Tracking / SCORM / Offline Delivery)