Course delivery on CD

For issues related to delivery of content to end-learners e.g. LMS tracking via SCORM and delivery of content offline.

Moderator: Nav

Course delivery on CD

Postby markbreugelmans » Thu May 05, 2011 2:57 pm

I have created a course which I want to start form either my hard disk or from a cd. I want the course to play automatically in the full screen mode (flash). Can I adjust the settings in order to do this?
markbreugelmans

Re: Course delivery on CD

Postby Nav » Tue May 10, 2011 6:32 pm

Hi Mark,
Which download version are using? Is this a "course" or a "lesson". What is the launch file that you are using? player.hta? sb3player.exe? something else?

When you say full screen, do you mean the window is maximized, or do you mean like when you press F11 in a browser?

- Nav
Nav

Postby markbreugelmans » Thu May 26, 2011 2:11 pm

Hi Nav,

I've dowloaded a lesson. I want to make an autorun CD. I don't know which player the autorun file will use.

When I say full sceen I mean that the lesson will play full screen (ctrl + f in flash). As an alternative I want the window in which the lesson will open has the same size as the lesson (e.g. 800 x 600). At this moment the window is has a different size everytime the lesson is being started form CD.

In other words can I manage the size of the window in which the file will be opened or can a manage to open it full screen (ctrl +f).

Thanks.
Mark
markbreugelmans

Postby Nav » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:02 pm

Hi Mark,
This can be done, but will take a little manual tailoring of the files that are downloaded.

First, you need to alter the "autorun.bat" file so that it no longer points to "sb3player.exe", and points to "player.hta" instead.

Then you need to edit the "player.hta" file. You'll want to add the following segment of code (after line 7 would be a good place):

Code: Select all
<HTA:APPLICATION ID="oHTA"
    APPLICATIONNAME="SmartBuilder Lesson"
    WINDOWSTATE="maximize"
>

After that, you should be all set!

- Nav
Nav

Return to Delivery (LMS Tracking / SCORM / Offline Delivery)