pulling data from smartbuilder to google doc or database

For issues related to delivery of content to end-learners e.g. LMS tracking via SCORM and delivery of content offline.

Moderator: Nav

pulling data from smartbuilder to google doc or database

Postby byrnep » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:40 am

Hi,

I am currently making an e-learning course for YouTube. The course tests the user on different videos. I would like to pull from each module the following information:

The user name
Date
Score
Time spent answering question
video url
answer picked
inputted comments

It would be great if I could pull this data into a google docs spreadsheet. Or if needs be I can make a database to hold the information.

Can you tell me the best way to go about this?

Thanks

Paula
byrnep

Re: pulling data from smartbuilder to google doc or database

Postby Nav » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:38 am

Hi Paula,
I haven't tried this before. Do you know if there is an established way to capture data and place it in a google doc? I don't know if this possible from the google docs end.

I know you can create a server-side Script that can do stuff with the data that is sent to it. That Script can do lots of things, depending on how it's written - store that info in a database, send an email with the data, generate a spreadsheet (probably), etc. Here's a link that gives you a quick overview, and links to stuff in more detail - viewtopic.php?f=15&t=523&p=1482#p1482

Hope that helps, and I'd love to hear if you know a way to collect data and display it in a google doc. Here's what I could find from a quick search, basically creating a "form" and then trying to steal the HTML code from it - http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/G ... d14a&hl=en I'm not sure which information is needed from the original form.

- Nav
Nav

Re: pulling data from smartbuilder to google doc or database

Postby byrnep » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:05 am

Hi Nav,

I am not sure either if it is possible from the Google Docs end, I'm going to look into this further.

Thanks for you help, really appreciate it.

Paula
byrnep

Return to Delivery (LMS Tracking / SCORM / Offline Delivery)