Remember menu state - custom skin

For issues related to delivery of content to end-learners e.g. LMS tracking via SCORM and delivery of content offline.

Moderator: Nav

Remember menu state - custom skin

Postby monmouthrider » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:02 am

Hi Nav, long time since I have been on the forum.

I will be using the 'Remember menu state (scorm)' example within a block of future courses. Its working great by the way.

I see in the properties panel an option for 'custom skin'. Do you have other skins for this widget or is it something I can build/amend myself in native flash?

Regards

Trevor
monmouthrider

Re: Remember menu state - custom skin

Postby Nav » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:23 pm

Hi Trevor,
Yes, you can create modify this FLA, export a SWF, and then bring that into SB and point to that SWF in the Custom Skin property. Here's where you can find that FLA to download: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=442&p=1270#p1270

Let me know if you have any questions.

- Nav
Nav

Postby monmouthrider » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:09 am

HI Nav, Thanks for the source flash file for the custom skin.

A further question regarding 'Remember menu state' widget. Is there anyway to have the menu expanded as the default when it is opened by the learner.

So I would have a menu button which the learner will press to make the menu appear. I would like the topics to be already expanded so that the progress can be visible straight away. Something in the properties panel to set the initial state would be great.

Trevor
monmouthrider

Postby Nav » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:11 pm

Hi Trevor,
There is no way to do this at the moment. I'll add this to the feature request list, but as 3.13 just came out and we're shifting development focus towards version 4, it might be a little while before that list is reviewed.

- Nav
Nav

Return to Delivery (LMS Tracking / SCORM / Offline Delivery)