Fit course exactly in window

For issues related to delivery of content to end-learners e.g. LMS tracking via SCORM and delivery of content offline.

Moderator: Nav

Fit course exactly in window

Postby markbreugelmans » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:32 am

Recently you've added a course which is shown when smart builder starts.
This course fits exactly in the window every time I open it on every computer (see attachment).
What setting do I use to make sure the course fits exactly in the window?
Attachments
Schermafbeelding 2012-02-03 om 21.36.24.png
Schermafbeelding 2012-02-03 om 21.36.24.png (276.68 KiB) Viewed 6321 times
markbreugelmans

Re: Fit course exactly in window

Postby Nav » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:39 pm

Hi,
I believe it is through some javascript in the launching file (in this case the SmartBuilder interface). You can see the same thing on our website on the examples page (see the second example, Patient Management):
http://www.suddenlysmart.com/examples.htm

When you click on the image or the Launch Example link, it's actually calling a javascript function. Here's the call (in this case it's a relative path):

Code: Select all
<a href="javascript:launch_app('examples/Patient_Management/player.html', 1010, 600)">

And here's the function:

Code: Select all
function launch_app(_x,myw,myh) {
      var w=(screen.availWidth);
      var h=(screen.availHeight-60);
      if (myw>0) w=myw;
      if (myh>0) h=myh;
      if (screen.availWidth>1033 && screen.availHeight>732) {
         window.open(_x,'sb_examples','resizable=0,top=0,left=0,menubar=0,toolbar=0,location=0,directories=0,status=0,copyhistory=0,fullscreen=0,width='+w+',height='+h);         
      } else {
         window.open(_x,'sb_examples','resizable=1,top=0,left=0,menubar=0,toolbar=0,location=0,directories=0,status=0,copyhistory=0,fullscreen=0,width=1034,height=733');
      }
}

So it's not the lesson that is controlling the window around it, but rather the thing that is doing the launching.

If you're launching from an HTML page, you can try the above javascript and tailor it if need be. If you're launching from an LMS, you can usually set the launch of the window somewhere in the LMS's lesson/course settings. If you're launching from another lesson for some reason, you can choose the size of the new window in the Hyperlink options.

Hope that helps! Let me know if it doesn't.

- Nav
Nav

Return to Delivery (LMS Tracking / SCORM / Offline Delivery)