How to "success_status" using SCORM functions in SB

For issues related to delivery of content to end-learners e.g. LMS tracking via SCORM and delivery of content offline.

Moderator: Nav

How to "success_status" using SCORM functions in SB

Postby daljit » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:13 am

Hi,

I know there are scorm lesson status options available (screenshot attached) in SB. Can you tell me which option to choose if I want to set "success_status" instead of 'completetion_status'? It's for a SCORM 2004 package.

Thanks,
Daljit
Attachments
sb-scorm-options.png
Available Scorm functions
sb-scorm-options.png (20.36 KiB) Viewed 6227 times
daljit

Re: How to "success_status" using SCORM functions in SB

Postby Nav » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:16 am

Hi Daljit,
For SCORM 2004 you can use setLessonStatus. On the back end, SmartBuilder automatically knows to use

• cmi.success_status if you try to send "passed" or "failed", or
  • cmi.completion_status if you try to send "completed", "incomplete", or "not attempted"
So you should be fine with that. If you want to send "completed" and "passed" (or "failed"), you can, and they won't overwrite each other, since in SCORM 2004 they are two separate fields in the LMS.

If you don't feel comfortable with it for some reason, you can manually send it (using LMSSetValue) with the parameters of "cmi.success_status" and "passed" or "failed".

For SCORM 1.2, there is only one call, cmi.lesson_status that encompasses all those values, and SmartBuilder will automatically send that if you download for SCORM 1.2.

Hope that helps!

- Nav
Nav

Return to Delivery (LMS Tracking / SCORM / Offline Delivery)