Linked media inside a SCORM package

For issues related to delivery of content to end-learners e.g. LMS tracking via SCORM and delivery of content offline.

Moderator: Nav

Linked media inside a SCORM package

Postby tahiya » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:16 pm

We have just begun alpha testing on our new LMS. I am having great results uploading SCORM packages out of SB. One question: If I have linked videos and media in the SB lesson, should I upload all of that to a location within the LMS and then update the Lesson with those links before publishing? Or is there something other than that I should be doing?

Thanks
play, play, play
tahiya

Re: Linked media inside a SCORM package

Postby Nav » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:59 pm

Hi Tahiya,
When you use videos, you can use the FLV URL property to point to a discrete location like "http://tahiyasmartbuildervideos.com/myvideo1.flv" or you can use a relative path like "videos/myvideo1.flv". If you do that, then you can just dump a folder called "videos" that contains your videos into the lesson after you download it. You can try just dragging the video folder onto (into) the zip. It should add them. However, sometimes it takes a long time to add these files to your archive. If you find it's taking forever, you can unzip the package, add the folder, and then re-zip. But keep this in mind - http://screencast.com/t/Hj70s68A

Your other choice is to upload the videos to SmartBuilder and point to them directly in the video object. Basically, treat it like an image that you upload and put in a graphic object. The negative of that is that you upload all your videos to SB, and then have to download them with the lesson, and then upload them again to your LMS. Lots of waiting.

- Nav
Nav

Return to Delivery (LMS Tracking / SCORM / Offline Delivery)