bookmark object hides page controller

For issues related to delivery of content to end-learners e.g. LMS tracking via SCORM and delivery of content offline.

Moderator: Nav

bookmark object hides page controller

Postby tahiya » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:45 pm

Not sure what I did wrong.
I added the component for the LMS to track where the user left off and show the user a prompt on re-entry. It seems to have replaced my existing page controller with the one in that component, but it's set to be not visible and is locked. I've unlocked it to show it since it's not in the display set that contains the prompts and navigation buttons, but I was just curious why it's locked to be invisible. I guess I'll find out in the LMS if that's a problem but would like to understand the design idea behind it.
play, play, play
tahiya

Re: bookmark object hides page controller

Postby Nav » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:07 pm

Hi Tahiya,
When a Master Page template is created, it takes over all the objects that were in the Template. So you get the properties of the Page Controller that was used in the template.

You've already unlocked it, unhidden it, and turned the Start Visible property back on, right? http://screencast.com/t/BLG7UVCFAD If so, and the locking/visibility keeps going back to what it was so you can't get it to show up no matter what, I think I should take a look at the lesson. Please email me the name of the lesson.

- Nav
Nav

Re: bookmark object hides page controller

Postby tahiya » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:30 pm

so actually what I did ended up working. But if I get that no-change behavior you described I'll ask for help. Thanks!
play, play, play
tahiya

Return to Delivery (LMS Tracking / SCORM / Offline Delivery)