Integration in Native iOS or Android App?

For issues related to delivery of content to end-learners e.g. LMS tracking via SCORM and delivery of content offline.

Moderator: Nav

Integration in Native iOS or Android App?

Postby gezebo » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:29 am

We have an app developer in our organization that has been asked to include a learning module into their app. Has anyone done this natively? Have any suggested resources? known pitfalls and best practices?
This module will be integrated into the app, and not hosted on an LMS nor cloud. I would love any suggestions or feedback on how to properly integrat a SB learning module into an app(android and iOS).

So far we've talked of possibly publishing into HTML5 and building a web browser into the app which would also contain said files. Any other suggestions would be very much welcomed. Thank you!
gezebo

Re: Integration in Native iOS or Android App?

Postby Nav » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:42 pm

Hi there,
As far as I know, no one has done this yet. HTML5 output for us is fairly new. Your proposed solution sounds solid, though.

There might be some other ways to convert HTL5 into a native app, but we haven't used them yet. Here's one - http://phonegap.com/ No idea whether this is just wrapping the HTML5 in an app friendly way, or if it's deeper than that. Or if it will work at all with SmartBuilder's HTML5 output.

We'll definitely be looking into this more in the near future, though, and would be happy to hear how your experiments go!

- Nav
Nav

Re: Integration in Native iOS or Android App?

Postby gezebo » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:44 pm

Thanks for the reference Nav! Will check it out. I'll share this with our developers as a starting point. Thanks again!
gezebo

Return to Delivery (LMS Tracking / SCORM / Offline Delivery)