Resume

For issues related to delivery of content to end-learners e.g. LMS tracking via SCORM and delivery of content offline.

Moderator: Nav

Resume

Postby Greycious » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:15 am

Hi,

I want my learners to be able to resume their lesson after pausing the module. So let's say they shut down their computer while they are in the middle of chapter 4. Once they fire up their computer, I want them to be able to choose for either resuming their lesson or start at the beginning.

Is this already covered somewhere in the forum? Onfortunately I cannot find it.

Cheers, Sarah
Greycious

Re: Resume

Postby Nav » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:14 am

Hi Sarah,
If you're using an LMS, there is a template that you can apply to your lesson. If you're not using an LMS, there's a different template for using Cookies.

Here's a video that shows you how, and walks you through how it works (and explains how to alter it if your pages don't all have a unique name) - http://help.smartbuilder.com/node/605

Let me know if you any follow up questions.

This presumes that Chapter 4 is inside the same lesson as the other Chapters. Because of the architecture of LMSs, I don't think you can have a bookmark across multiple lessons.

- Nav
Nav

Postby Greycious » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:07 am

Hi Nav,

Thank you, this is clear. Let's say once you finished chapter 1 and 2. Currently in my main menu, you will see a check. Let's say you exit en re-enter the course, will the checks still be visible in the main menu?

Cheers, Sarah
Greycious

Postby Nav » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:44 am

Hi Sarah,
Currently, no, it would not. This is because the lesson is only storing one little piece of information - the last page you visited.

To store any more data, you'll want to send it separately. I took a look at your lesson, and saw that you are not using one of our Menu objects - instead you have some graphics that are being told to show or hide based on variables, and you're using an LMS, not cookies. So basically you'll want to store all your variables to the LMS. Luckily, this is quite easy in SmartBuilder!

Here's a video that shows you how (it's easiest if you already have the bookmark template applied to your lesson - the video that I linked to before shows you how to use the template, and explains how it works) - http://screencast.com/t/XNfmltLqDo7

If you had one of our menus, or you were using cookies instead of the LMS, this would also be similar, just with a few variations. Let me know if you have any follow up questions!

- Nav
Nav

Return to Delivery (LMS Tracking / SCORM / Offline Delivery)