Simulating a right-click?

Create unique Flash widgets you can import into SmartBuilder

Moderator: Nav

Simulating a right-click?

Postby bryanlambert » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:51 am

I'm working on some fairly elaborate simulations for a large project, and had pretty much resigned myself to having to write around the issue of right-clicking. Then my boss stumbled across this, for Captivate:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/captivate/a ... click.html

Is this an animation and a technique that might be adaptable to use in Smartbuilder, and if so, I guess my question would be where would I begin thinking in terms of how to go about it? Would the SWF file they created work as a custom tool or SDK object, and if so, how would I go about modifying the player (ideally SCORM player) html to disable the standard Flash object right-click menu?
bryanlambert

Re: Simulating a right-click?

Postby Nav » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:02 pm

Hi Bryan,
That is interesting, thanks for sharing it. I think we are going to include this functionality in our 3.8 release, which won't be out until roughly December. I don't believe that there's a workaround currently for you to get this to work (you can edit the HTML, but not the SWF, and you'd need to do both). We can pretty much take care of everything so that it is easy for you to use this feature, but again, it won't be until 3.8 is released.

What kind of timeline do you have for your project, and would it accommodate waiting until December for this functionality?

- Nav
Nav

Re: Simulating a right-click?

Postby bryanlambert » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:51 am

It's a bit of a soft timeline hovering right around late Nov/early Dec, so I'll mention it to the project leaders and see what they think. Certainly I'd much rather use a built-in feature for that than to try and kludge it. Thanks!
bryanlambert

Return to Using the Object SDK