widget with Alert component

Create unique Flash widgets you can import into SmartBuilder

Moderator: Nav

widget with Alert component

Postby ScottA » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:20 pm

I have made a widget that uses the Flash actionscript 2 Alert component. The Alert component works fine when run outside of SmartBuilder, but when I load it as a widget in a SmartBuilder lesson, the Alert component does not work. I get the following error message:

Failed to create a new alert, probably because there is no Alert in the Library

I know that the Alert component is in the library of the fla that I used to make the widget. If this is because the Alert component is loaded from the main timeline library, it would have to be included in the library of the Flash fla that makes the tsunamiplayer.swf. Is this what is happening? And, if so, can it somehow be included in the tsunamiplayer source fla library? Or, is there another explanation and another solution? Let me know.

Thanks,

Scott
Scott Allison
Veterinary Information Network
ScottA

Re: widget with Alert component

Postby ScottA » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:14 am

I would like to know if there is a way to get the Flash Alert component to work on a SmartBuilder widget. Please let me know what you suggest. Thanks,

Scott Allison
VIN Multimedia
Scott Allison
Veterinary Information Network
ScottA

Re: widget with Alert component

Postby Nav » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:15 am

Hi Scott,
I spoke to one of our developers. SmartBuilder has some managers built into it that conflict and override the Alert component.

Would it be possible to fire an trigger event and pass information using SmartBuilder methods to show a Display in SmartBuilder and/or pass text into a SmartBuilder text object using the regular widget API? Maybe create some methods like "onAlert" and "getAlertText"?

- Nav
Nav

Return to Using the Object SDK