Right side of lesson cut off when previewing/viewing

Not sure how to classify your post? Post here

Moderator: Leif

Right side of lesson cut off when previewing/viewing

Postby rwicker » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:16 am

Hello,

After opening the lesson named Understanding the Red Hat channel partner value proposition, I previewed it. I was able to see the menu on the right, and everything looked normal. After making some edits to the lesson, I clicked on the preview icon, and the right side of lesson is cut off. The same thing happens when I try to preview the lesson.

This occurred while working on my Red Hat Linux computer.

I logged out of SmartBuilder, cleared my cache, and logged back into SmartBuilder. The issue was still exists.

One thing I did while editing the lesson was move the scroll bar to the right to view the right side of the lesson. Perhaps that led to the issue. The scroll bar is now to the far left, but the issue still exists for me.

I'll switch back to my Mac computer to see if I can test there.

Kind regards,
Rebecca
Attachments
screenView_20090612.png
screenView_20090612.png (107.44 KiB) Viewed 9325 times
rwicker

Re: Right side of lesson cut off when previewing/viewing

Postby rwicker » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:20 am

Hello,

I wish to provide a quick update. The lesson looks fine on my Mac computer. It still does not display correctly on my Linux computer.

Kind regards,
Rebecca
rwicker

Postby rwicker » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:37 am

Hello,

I requested that a colleague check the lesson on her computer. It appears fine for her via My Published Content as well as Work in Progress.

The lesson appears fine on my Linux computer when viewed via My Published Content and My Assigned Tasks/Review. The issue still exists when either viewing or previewing via Work in Progress.

Kind regards,
Rebecca
rwicker

Postby Nav » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:31 pm

Rebecca,
I think your content is fine. It's just that your monitor resolution is probably 1024x768, and the content you are developing is roughly the same width. If you just grab the Preview window (the grey box that houses the content and the Close and Snapshot buttons) and move it to the left, you should be alright.

Previewing your content on a monitor that is bigger than the content you are developing is another way around this. Your Mac monitor is ginormous and awesome, I believe, which is why you don't normally have this problem.

Alternatively, you mentioned the scrollbar on the bottom was all the way to the left. Move it to the right, and you should be able to see your content (provided SmartBuilder was launched wide enough to display your content in the first place).

Here's a silent movie that I think will explain everything better: http://screencast.com/t/yMuYZv342DB

Let me know if I'm completely off, and haven't answered your question.

- Nav
Nav

Postby rwicker » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:17 am

Hi Nav,

Thanks for this information. I tried it and it works.

It just seems odd that I was initially able to view the content fine on the Linux computer, without moving the preview window. That seemed to go awry after I scrolled to the right while in development mode. I later scrolled back to the left, and that did not reset it.

Anyway, thanks a lot for letting me know to move the preview window.That works great.

Kind regards,
Rebecca
rwicker

Return to Miscellaneous