Smartbuilder and Articulate...Again!

Not sure how to classify your post? Post here

Moderator: Leif

Smartbuilder and Articulate...Again!

Postby Celestial » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:35 am

So, I posted before about being able to pull a Smartbuilder file into Articulate. I was able to overcome the issue by inserting a web object and using relative pathing to point to it. Well, I upgraded to Articulate '09 and PowerPoint '07 and now it does not seem to work as before. The web object does not display at all anymore. Anyone aware of any glitches between either of these newer systems? Someone please help. Big project on the horizon that this is affecting...
Celestial

Re: Smartbuilder and Articulate...Again!

Postby Nav » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:08 pm

Hi Celestial,
Hopefully there aren't too many changes to the new version of Articulate. There have been some enhancements to the IFrame object that will hopefully make life easier, without causing any trouble. Rather than sending you instructions, only to find that it has problems with Articulate 09, I'd be happy to walk you through setting it up (and testing it at the same time), and then posting our findings here on the forum.

Please give me a call at your convenience - 760.635.5700x207

If that won't work for you, can you email me an Articulate '09 piece? I'll make sure that it works before I post instructions.

...but I'll post them anyway. It's a little different (easier) than it was before. Basically, you'll upload the zipped package that Articulate creates into SmartBuilder as an "Asset", specifying the launch file (usually "start.html" or "player.html", I'm not really sure). View this asset in SmartBuilder to make sure that it's being unpacked properly. Then you'll open a SmartBuilder lesson and add an IFrame object to the Stage. In the Properties panel, click on the Select Asset property, and choose your uploaded Articulate package. Then just publish and view it - that's it! No more moving of folders after downloading! Of course, I don't have Articulate 09, and I'll be much more confident after I see it working, so if you can send me a file or give me a call, I'd be much happier!

- Nav
Nav

Postby Celestial » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:52 pm

Um, those instructions don't sound easier. What's the best time to call you? I'm on Eastern Standard Time.
Celestial

Postby Nav » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:41 am

Hi Celestial,
Sorry, you're right, they didn't sound easier. But, that was mostly due to my not having tested it.

I ran a test and here are the instructions. They are actually super easy!

1. After publishing the Articulate piece, choose to Zip the file:
1.png
1.png (19.96 KiB) Viewed 8812 times

2. Then go to SmartBuilder, to your Media & Assets node, and click "Upload". Choose "A single asset (any non-media file)". Then, just be sure to type "player.html" into the launch file field:
2.png
2.png (16.18 KiB) Viewed 8812 times

3. Go to your lesson and add a More Objects > IFrame object. Resize it to fit in your lesson appropriately. Then choose the Articulate piece using the Select Asset property.
3.png
3.png (10.72 KiB) Viewed 8812 times

And that's it! No post-production whatnot, you're all done. Simply publish and enjoy. Let me know if any of that was unclear.

- Nav
Nav

Return to Miscellaneous