sending path to lib and resources

Not sure how to classify your post? Post here

Moderator: Leif

sending path to lib and resources

Postby ScottA » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:22 pm

In publishing SmartBuilder lessons, we would like to have our html pages (player.html) in a different location than the lib and resources folders. The reason for this has to do with our indexing, which is done automatically when we make documents in a special tool. This special tool creates dynamic documents in a location other than the location for the lib and resources folders for each SmartBuilder lesson. I can make this tool create an html document that is identical to player.html

However, this doesn't work because during loading, it is trying to load things from lib and resources relative to the html page. In this system, however, they are not in the same location as the new document.

Is there a way to pass in the path to the lib and resources folders for each lesson so that each page will find them in the correct location?
Scott Allison
Veterinary Information Network
ScottA

Re: sending path to lib and resources

Postby Nav » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:46 pm

Hi Scott,
There is a post on a similar topic located here:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=160&p=418

More specifically, the section on " parameter 'base' " located in Step 2. Let me know if that doesn't help, and we can figure out how to get it to work!

- Nav
Nav

Postby ScottA » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:37 am

The 'base' parameter works fine. The lesson shows up and works fine.

I am having a slight problem with the dimesions though. I want to make it scale proportionally-cover the whole window and resize when the window is resized. I had been accomplishing this by making the 'width' and 'height' parameters '100%' in the AC_FL_RunContent() function.

The following does not work when the page it is on is in a different location than the lib and resources folders, but does work when the page is in the same location as lib and resources:

AC_FL_RunContent( 'codebase','http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0','width','100%','height','100%','src','/Members/Multimedia/dermFun/case13?runtime=true&langid=_default&gload=&lload=','quality','high','pluginspage','http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer','movie','/Members/Multimedia/dermFun/case13?runtime=true&langid=_default&gload=&lload=','bgcolor','#536070','id','tsunamiplayer','name','case13','AllowScriptAccess','always','base','/Members/Multimedia/dermFun/' );

The following does work when in a different location than lib and resources:

AC_FL_RunContent( 'codebase','http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0','width','990','height','800','src','/Members/Multimedia/dermFun/case13?runtime=true&langid=_default&gload=&lload=','quality','high','pluginspage','http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer','movie','/Members/Multimedia/dermFun/case13?runtime=true&langid=_default&gload=&lload=','bgcolor','#536070','id','tsunamiplayer','name','case13','AllowScriptAccess','always','base','/Members/Multimedia/dermFun/' );

So the only difference are the values of the 'width' and 'height' parameters. Let me know if there is a way of doing this, or if I am forgetting something. Thanks.
Scott Allison
ScottA

Postby Nav » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:24 pm

Hi Scott,
Can you send us a sample piece? you can email it to support AT suddenlysmart.com. Thanks!

- Nav
Nav

Postby ScottA » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:53 pm

I figured out the problem: the script was in a table. Since I don't need or want a table here, once I took it out, everything worked. Thanks.
Scott Allison
ScottA

Return to Miscellaneous