Auto-Generated Feedback- ability to round?

Not sure how to classify your post? Post here

Moderator: Leif

Auto-Generated Feedback- ability to round?

Postby bsebold » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:46 am

Hello,

Is it possible for the automated quiz prompt to round the score of an assessment either up or down. (I.e. 66.67% to 70%). I am asking this question because our LMS is rounding the final score after the assessment has been taken and we would like to ensure consistency among both systems.

Thanks!
Beverly
bsebold

Re: Auto-Generated Feedback- ability to round?

Postby Nav » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:55 pm

Hi Beverly,
I don't think you can if you're using the auto-generated feedback. If you create a feedback display, and when you show that, you can set the text inside to the score and you'll get the rounded score (e.g., 67.77 becomes 68%). It'll be more difficult to round up to the nearest ten (70%) though.

If you take a look at our quiz page templates, such as "101a Mult-choice w/immediate feedback 5Qs", you'll see they're set up to set the text of a text object in both the final pass and final fail feedback, and not to use the automated feedback at all.

Trigger: Question Set > onComplete
Condition: Question Set > getPassed == true
True Response: Final Feedback > Passing > show
True Response: Final Feedback > Passing > Score Output > setText > Question Set > getScore
False Response: Final Feedback > Failing > show
False Response: Final Feedback > Failing > Score Output > setText > Question Set > getScore

Let me know if that doesn't help.

- Nav
Nav

Return to Miscellaneous