Error message in IE

Not sure how to classify your post? Post here

Moderator: Leif

Error message in IE

Postby aprilsheninger » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:23 pm

In a quiz that I develop, we are using a database to keep track of users attempts to pass the quiz. In IE when the the variable (pass or fail) is sent to our database, we get an error in IE. I have tried everything I can think of to fix it. The error is "Server Request Problem: [object Error]" That is all it says. It's not hurting the recording of data, but I fear it will scare the students. Anyone run into this error? What should I check in the quiz that could be causing it?

Thank you,
April
aprilsheninger

Re: Error message in IE

Postby Nav » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:28 pm

Hi April,
I'm still looking into this, but it may be because you are using both the Server Communication object, and the SDK Object (URL Call object). So you're sending the same thing twice.

Also, the Server Communication object means that the lesson has to be on the same server as the script that it's talking to, otherwise it won't work. SmartBuilder will also wait for a response when it uses this object before it can do anything else.

Perhaps you can try the lesson using only one of these objects at a time (remember you can always copy actions and disable them, rather than modify the original)?

I'll let you know if I come across anything pertinent in my testing.

- Nav
Nav

Return to Miscellaneous