Click object to open webpage in new window

Not sure how to classify your post? Post here

Moderator: Leif

Click object to open webpage in new window

Postby MleB » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:59 pm

Currently I'm trying to have a hot spot go to a specific webpage just to see if I can get this to work. In the long run, I'd like for the hotspot when clicked to go another lesson or asset within my LMS (currently Angel from Blackboard.)

I've found references to using a widget and setting URL, but I have not been successful at getting this to work when I preview the lesson. It seems to me that a simple hyperlink reference would work, but I haven't been able to find a choice to add a 'hyperlink.'

Emily
MleB

Re: Click object to open webpage in new window

Postby Nav » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:11 pm

Hi Emily,
Check out the help topic on creating Hyperlinks - http://help.smartbuilder.com/node/54

That should get you to an external web address pretty easily. You can also use it to point to an Asset you upload into SmartBuilder (which will be bundled along with the lesson when you download it). You can point to other lessons if you are just delivering them via a web server.

However, if you're hoping to link directly to another lesson in your LMS, good luck. Usually LMSs don't take kindly to this behavior. They want to funnel you through their interface so that they can show you the status of the lesson before and after you take it (that reasoning is speculation). SCORM 2004 has some standards regarding Sequencing (basically where to go when one lesson ends), but I haven't seen a working example of it, though I'm sure they're out there. It depends on your LMS.

- Nav
Nav

Return to Miscellaneous