Articulate Storyline

Not sure how to classify your post? Post here

Moderator: Leif

Articulate Storyline

Postby mizkat1958 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:16 am

My company is now using Articulate Storyline for a lot of their elearning. It's simple and most of our authors like that.

Is there a way to embed a Storyline course in SmartBuilder or embed a SmartBuilder course in Articulate? I do NOT want to use the web option. I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work with all the internet security features in place here.
mizkat1958

Re: Articulate Storyline

Postby Nav » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:49 pm

Hi Kathy,
It is nice to use tools together to benefit from their various strengths. However, I think you're going to have to use the "Web Object", as I believe Articulate calls it, or the "IFrame object" as we call it. It would be the same with any other two tools that you tried to use together. They're simply not designed to work inside one another, and the IFrame / Web object is a neat way to allow you to embed content inside one or the other. Beware of trying to get them to communicate, though. Both expect to be directly communicating with the LMS, and neither will understand scores or completion or anything that the inner one is trying to report.

I would suggest trying the Web Object / IFrame to see if it will work. It very well might.

- Nav
Nav

Return to Miscellaneous