Error viewing iFrame object in "Share" view using "URL" link

Error viewing iFrame object in "Share" view using "URL" link

Postby gezebo » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:56 am

I've recently started sharing projects with the "Share" button and am experiencing a small quirk when viewing the shared project using the "URL" link(I've not tried the embed option yet). On this particular project I've used an iFrame object to display a pdf file(with acrobat controls), and the iFrame object always appears about 70 pixels higher than it is in actuality. The only reason I noticed was because I placed the iFrame object specifically to cover up the display it launched from, but I can still see it showing below. The iFrame object also covers up the Smartbuilder controls on the top of the window("Sign up", "Embed", etc). This only happens when viewing it with the "Share" button. It works normally with the built in preview, and when downloaded and launched locally. in this image, the iFrame is supposed to go all the way down and touch the red out-lined instruction box.
iFrameError.png
iFrameError.png (190.62 KiB) Viewed 7189 times

Share link here:
http://www.suddenlysmart.com/smartbuild ... 0000000084
gezebo

Re: Error viewing iFrame object in "Share" view using "URL" link

Postby gezebo » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:02 pm

This what the screen should look like without the iFrame. Note: the Smartbuilder controls on top are visible.

iFramePreError.png
iFramePreError.png (134.18 KiB) Viewed 7188 times
gezebo

Re: Error viewing iFrame object in "Share" view using "URL" link

Postby Nav » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:30 pm

Hi,
This is a known issue, and one we are working to fix. However, I'm not sure when we will have this solved. Probably on our next update, though we haven't started on that yet.

In the meantime, if you need a workaround, basically the IFrame is always displaced from the top left corner by a certain amount. If you want, you can lower your IFrame 70 pixels. Even though it will look misplaced on the Authoring Stage, it will look OK once Published and Shared.

You'll likely need 2 version of the lesson, one for Sharing that is modified, and one for everything else.

Hope that clarifies!

- Nav
Nav

Return to Feedback & Enhancement Requests