Library for reusable objects

Library for reusable objects

Postby mrbobbo » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:21 pm

I've just spent an hour creating the relatively generic alert dialog that SB doesn't provide automatically. It consists of a display and a protocol for the use of a couple of global events. So now after all that work, I'd like to store the display object in a library so I don't have to rebuild it each time. All I could find in the documentation was templates, which seem to be entire pages. Must I create a new page with just my display on it and make it a template? And if I do that, can I apply this and other templates to the same master page in future lessons (i.e. more than one in effect).
mrbobbo

Re: Library for reusable objects

Postby Nav » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:18 pm

Yes and Yes.

You should make this a template. Use File > Save as Template. Then go to that template you created (WIP > Templates), open it, and trim out anything that is not part of the template (e.g. Global Variables, other on-screen elements), and Publish.

Now you can apply that template as many times as you want to pages. You can apply multiple templates to a single pages, and you can certainly apply to a template that already has objects on it. Templates only add to your existing content.

- Nav
Nav

Re: Library for reusable objects

Postby mrbobbo » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:13 pm

Thanks Nav.
mrbobbo

Return to Feedback & Enhancement Requests