Bug with DATA URL from RB

Bug with DATA URL from RB

Postby mrbobbo » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:31 am

In an action triggered by my RB's onSelection event, I set the URL and then invokeInNewWindow. The URL opens twice in two windows!! When I add a test button and change the trigger to the button's onClick event, the URL only opens once, in other words correctly. This is weird!
mrbobbo

Re: Bug with DATA URL from RB

Postby Nav » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:13 pm

Actually this is a bug just with the Radio Button object. Good catch. Normally people don't create actions where you would notice if the onSelectionChange fires twice (such as showing a SmartBuilder object). I'll log this and it should be fixed in our new release.

... As a temporary workaround, you could set up the following:

Trigger: RB object > onSelectionChange
Response: someShapeOffScreen > show

Trigger: someShapeOffScreen > onShow
Response: URL object > invokeInNewWindow
Response: someShapeOffScreen > hide

That should give you only one new window.

- Nav
Nav

Re: Bug with DATA URL from RB

Postby mrbobbo » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:24 pm

Hooray! Glad I'm contributing. I like your workaround. I found another one which, actually, improved my design. Instead of triggering a website reveal on RB selection, I created a button to do that. The website is a feedback form. I think this is better design because the learner is not going to be surprised by the RB selection opening a form. That kind of surprise tends to lose their confidence. With a Feedback button, they have more control, which is always good.

Regards,
Bob
mrbobbo

Return to Feedback & Enhancement Requests