Drag no drop

Drag no drop

Postby mrbobbo » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:17 am

Are there any future plans to implement simple dragging? For example, to let a learner drag a dot to their idea of the correct place on a map? I've started reading Michael Allen's Guide to e-Learning, and my eyes have really started to open!
mrbobbo

Re: Drag no drop

Postby Nav » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:04 pm

So you're saying that it doesn't matter where they drop the object? You can do that now if you'd like. Just use these settings:

2011-08-23_1802.png
2011-08-23_1802.png (25.5 KiB) Viewed 11652 times

You just have to have your draggable object be a single object.

- Nav
Nav

Postby mrbobbo » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:20 pm

This is great, Nav. I never would have guessed. I learned about the drag dialog from one of the videos and got the impression that having a landing area is a requirement. So another question... can the lesson detect where the item is dropped. Ideally I would want to specify a "target hotspot" different in functionality than a drop zone. The target hotspot's function would simply be to classify where the item was dropped. No correct/incorrect or any of that. So I might have three target hotspots, for example: Sis, Dad, Mom, Teacher and the dragged object might be my crappy report card. The lesson might be teaching kids how to get advice before delivering disappointing news. Depending on who I "Show" the report card to, the lesson goes in different directions. There is no correct answer. What I would need programmatically is to be able to tell if the dragged object (a graphic of a report card) overlapped the targed hotspot, and if so, force it to align with the target hotspot's center. This would make for some very nice "lessons" that are much further along Michael Allen's spectrum of truly meaningful and memorable lessons than simple correct and incorrect. I think some of the pieces of this are in place, but they are too narrow. I hope you like the idea and are able to implement something more generally useful. My two cents. Bob.
mrbobbo

Postby Nav » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:43 pm

Hi Bob,
You would need to create these drop zones and add them to the drop zone section. You can leave the "correct" checkbox unchecked for all of them, if you'd like.

Then you'll have to create a couple of actions to handle what to do:

Trigger: Drag and Drop 1 > onDrop
Condition: Drag and Drop 1 > getLastDropName == Sis
True Response: [show appropriate feedback]

The text that you enter to evaluate getLastDropName has to be the name of the object that shows up in the Cast.

- Nav
Nav

Postby mrbobbo » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:53 am

Cool. I'm getting there with your help. So now I'm seeing it's possible to drop on a zone, see the feedback, and then decide to move the dragged object back to where it came from. But I can't find a trigger for "back to where I came from". How would I identify that situation?
mrbobbo

Postby Nav » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:52 pm

There is a
Response: Drag and Drop > Reset All
or
Response: Drag and Drop > Reset Incorrect

Those might do it if you only have one drag object. There is no way to single out a drag object and only return that to it's starting position, or to "rewind" and move the drag item to the previous position it was in (if it's been moved multiple times). You can only reset it back to the beginning.

- Nav
Nav

Postby mrbobbo » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:04 pm

Thanks Nav. Sounds like an enhancement request.
mrbobbo

Return to Feedback & Enhancement Requests