Getting Started

For issues related to understanding the basics, system terminology, and becoming familiar with SmartBuilder

Moderators: Rob Penn, Leif

Getting Started

Postby maria » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:48 pm

Hello...I am starting with SmartBuilder and I really want to know if you can provide me with all the basic information for this software, I work with Captivate but I am interested now in work with SmartBuilder to have more interactive training.

I am very interested to know where I can download templates especially of Tests and how to set Background in a slide, basic things like that

Thank you very much in advance :wink:

:arrow: Please help!!!
De Guatemala para el mundo
maria

Postby Nav » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:26 pm

Hi Maria,
The best place to start with SmartBuilder is the User Guide. When you first log in, there is a link on the bottom of the Home window. The hands on exercises that are a part of the User Guide will help you familiarize yourself with what SmartBuilder can do.

If you want to get into templates, especially for tests, check out the Templates folder on the tree to the left of the Home window, and the series of multiple choice templates. You can start with that, or if you already have a lesson with a few pages in it, go to Edit > Apply Template. This will add that template to the page you are on.

If you have any suggestions for more templates that you want to see, let me know, because there are probably other users that want to see them, too.

As for backgrounds, there is a Master Page which comes before Page 1. Anything placed on the master page will show up on all the pages, so it's great for backgrounds, headers, and buttons that are used throughout a lesson. Good luck!
Nav

Postby maria » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:38 am

Thank you very much for your reply and for the tips. I will start experiment with it now. And I will let you know suggestions for more templates too :D
De Guatemala para el mundo
maria

Return to Getting Started