Display size not consistent

For issues related to understanding the basics, system terminology, and becoming familiar with SmartBuilder

Moderators: Rob Penn, Leif

Display size not consistent

Postby maximise » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:11 pm

Hi,

I have found that after publishing the screen size is not consistent. I've tried this on several different lessons. Although carefully set to 800 x 600 and Fit to Screen sometimes the display is full screen and sometimes only approx 3/5 of full screen.

What's happening?
maximise

Re: Display size not consistent

Postby maximise » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:59 am

Hi, John et al,

Spent all Saturday morning testing every combination of IE add-ons for the screen-size problem. – No changes noted.

Yes, FF loads the published works efficiently and retains login data, but the screen-size was the real problem.

I have discovered that the problem is based more on previous applications that leave the screen resolution in a different setting – or rather that SB does not appear to recognise higher resolutions – I usually work at 1280 x 1024 – and SB does not appear to test for existing screen resolution?

Also, when comparing with other products, I wonder if SB could automate the centering of the lesson on screen - or is that something else that I have still to learn? :lol:
Last edited by maximise on Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
maximise

Postby maximise » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:15 am

The other problem, of course, is that the display when checking out a published document from within SB gives a full-screen display, but when calling the url it displays something that might be called an evaluation version with the additional banner across the top?
Attachments
FF-screen.jpg
Reduced Screen-size and not centred
FF-screen.jpg (183.95 KiB) Viewed 7917 times
maximise

Postby jmalatino » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:02 am

I am not sure I understand your question about monitor resolutions. "previous applications that leave the screen resolution in a different setting" Can you elaborate more thoroughly? SmartBuilder's authoring stage can launch at any monitor resolution. Though if you change the monitor resolution with SmartBuilder logged-in it will not auto-adjust to the new size. If a lesson is set to 'scale proportionately' ,in your published preview, it will scale to fit the browser. This is limited usually by the height of the lesson. It will also center horizontally within the browser window. This scaling and centering will also carry over to any downloaded lessons. As of right now the Share feature doesn't support scaling. An update is coming that will fix this issue. I don't have a timetable for this fix yet. The Share feature is to allow community edition users to be able to share their content. This feature does come with some minimal branding. A pro user can just download their lessons and upload them to a web server or LMS and share their lessons if they do not want to have this branding.
jmalatino

Return to Getting Started