SkillBuilder and basic math?

For general questions about Content Authoring

Moderator: Nav

Re: SkillBuilder and basic math?

Postby aprilsheninger » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:45 am

Hi Nav.

OK. I think I have worked out all of the bugs! The interaction seems to be working fine now. I fixed it right at the end of the day yesterday, but didn't have a chance to post my findings. It seems that the issue was caused by the copy/paste function. When I deleted the objects that I had copy and pasted and then created new ones from the left tool bar, the problems seem to evaporate. I had to delete the Actions associate with anything that was a duplicate and fix the D&D object as well. In a couple of cases, I ended up having to delete the drag object associated with the feedback objects and recreate those too. Not a quick fix, but it's working and that is what mattered. I am not sure if there is something going on behind the scenes in the code that is generated from the tool that might have a bug that doesn't recognize copied object as unique or what. I ran into copy/paste issues before that were similar. I should've recognized it, but it was quite the same. Once I did all of that, the interaction worked great. The only thing that is not perfect is the known problem that you mentioned with the items centering themselves randomly after dropping them and re-dropping them a few times. It would be nice if that bug was worked out at some point. It would cause confusion to the end users if all the sudden items just re-align themselves. I used two smaller drop zones instead of one big one and see if that minimizes the confusion any. Something to note about the 2nd and 3rd drop boxes is that they need to be filled or they will malfunction and not subtract. But if they are solid, they may interfere with the other objects on the page that aren't associated with the D&D like the percentage tracker. Setting the Alpha to "0" solves the problem if there is any interference. My second drop box was covering part of the percentage tracker and I couldn't figure out why it looked like it was starting at 50 instead of zero and nothing I did fixed it until I noticed that.

Thank you so much for all of your help on this. Please let me know if I can be of assistance when you start developing the template in any way.

Take care,
April
aprilsheninger

Previous

Return to General