Updating the Master Page

For general questions about Content Authoring

Moderator: Nav

Updating the Master Page

Postby keisan » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:30 am

I have 10 lessons and am using an index on the Master Page template to link them all together. My problem is that I have already applied the Master Page template to all lessons and now want to go back to the Master Page template and update all the links and then reapply the Master Page template to all my lessons.

I have applied the Master Page template to all lessons but in none of them does it show up in the Templates list where there is also the option to delete the template.

I want to add the index display set to all lessons without having to recreate all the actions and putting it on the Master Page is the way to do it. This is my first course in SmartBuilder, so if the Master Page can't be updated and reapplied I will have to make sure it is solid at the beginning of my next project.

Does anyone know if the Master Page template should show up in the Templates list and can it be reapplied?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Kathy
keisan

Re: Updating the Master Page

Postby Nav » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:29 pm

Hi Kathy,
There's a separate way of applying the template, called Linked Templates, that allows you to make the change in one place, and all the lessons are automatically updated next time you open them up on the Master Page.

You actually just missed the Free Training session on this exact topic (it was last week), but we should be having another one in September.

I would suggest we schedule a short meeting to take a look at this together. Probably what we'll do is update the template, and then go to each lesson and delete everything on the Master Page, and then apply the template (linked this time) to the Master Page, giving us a fresh update that will be linked back to the original.

However, before deleting anything, we should look together to see what customizations you've made from lesson to lesson, so we don't remove something important.

- Nav
Nav

Re: Updating the Master Page

Postby keisan » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:07 am

Thanks, Nav. I was able to get if figured out from your post; I just needed to be pointed in the right direction.
keisan

Return to General