iFrame position

For general questions about Content Authoring

Moderator: Nav

iFrame position

Postby Terry Sayers » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:53 am

When I place an iFrame on the stage it is not in the same position when I publish. Is there a trick to this so it is the correct size and position on the page?
Terry Sayers

Re: iFrame position

Postby Nav » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am

Hi Terry,
This is a known issue, but only with the Share feature. If you are viewing the Published version, or you download the Published version to upload to a website or LMS, the IFrame will show up where it is supposed to. It's just that top banner on the SB share window that throws things off.

If you primarily are planning on distributing the lesson using the Share feature, you can account for the IFrame shift by placing your IFrame 70 pixles lower than where you want it.

Unfortunately, we don't have a release date for a fix on this issue yet.

Does that help at all?

- Nav
Nav

Postby Terry Sayers » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:45 am

Hi Nav, I'm not sure what the Share feature is. All I am doing is Publishing for LMS but when I open the lesson in the LMS the iFrame is all over the place. It's a real pain publishing, uploading to the LMS every time to view the iFrame. I don't seem to be able to pin it down.
Terry Sayers

Postby Nav » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:53 am

Hi Terry,
Oh, I see. Well, the problem might be similar to the one that we have in the Share window. I think the IFrame is offset from the top left corner of the page. The SmartBuilder lesson is usually launched in its own window, so this isn't an issue. But if it's being shown as part of a larger window, I could understand the IFrame having a hard time knowing where to go. Try resizing the window, and see if the IFrame is always a certain distance from the top left corner, regardless of how the lesson inside the window moves.

I would recommend popping up the SB lesson in a new window if you can (most LMSs have this as an option).

If this doesn't work, please send us some screengrabs of the issue (you can email them to us directly if you don't want to post them on the forum), or we can do a gotomeeting and take a look at the issue together.

- Nav
Nav

Postby Terry Sayers » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:42 am

OK, Thanks Nav. I will experiment then get back to you.
Terry Sayers

Postby Terry Sayers » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:25 am

Thanks for your help Nav. I have been playing with this and found that setting the lesson to fixed size fixed the problem and that makes sense when I thought about it. Unless the iFrame maximizes and reduces at the same ratio as the container the iFrame would not know where to position its self. However this could cause some issues down the line with our user screen resolutions. Never mind I will cross that bridge later. Thanks again.
Terry Sayers

Postby Nav » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:31 pm

Hi Terry,
I believe that you are on an older version of SmartBuilder. When your org upgrades, you should find that the IFrame now scales with the lesson, so that should help!

- Nav
Nav

Return to General