Returning a user to where they left off

For general questions about Content Authoring

Moderator: Nav

Returning a user to where they left off

Postby tahiya » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:34 am

Is there a way to have the course capture where the user was when he or she left and return him or her to that location on re-opening the course?
play, play, play
tahiya

Re: Returning a user to where they left off

Postby jmalatino » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:48 am

To have the learner return to where they were in a lesson is certainly possible using one of our customizable bookmarking templates, but I don't think that is possible with a course. Each LMS is different, but there might be some way in your LMS to do something like this.
jmalatino

Postby tahiya » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:54 am

GREAT! Our LMS is a Totara implementation by Kineo. Can you direct me where I could explore the option for this? My boss would PLOTZ. He has been enamored with that feature of Lynda.com since I started working here.
play, play, play
tahiya

Postby Nav » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:28 pm

Hi Tahiya,
The template you want is "16.0.03 Bookmarking using SCORM". Apply it on your Master Page. As John mentioned, it will give the learner the option to go back to whatever page they left off on in the lesson. But across lessons in a course... it can't do that. Also, this only saves where they were and takes them back to that page. If they were halfway through an exercise, or they answered questions that come up later in the lesson, that data will be lost when the lesson is closed. This is literally a bookmark.

- Nav
Nav

Postby tahiya » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:21 pm

perfect. Thanks
play, play, play
tahiya

Return to General