Reset Input Text

For general questions about Content Authoring

Moderator: Nav

Reset Input Text

Postby jmudd » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:24 am

Is there a way when using display sets to "refresh" just that display set? I notice if I set the button action to "reload" it brings me back to display 1 of the set - even if I was on display 3 and had correctly answered the other two. The goal is to have students "try again" on the particular display set they got wrong without having to start the series (display set) over again.
jmudd

Re: Reset Input Text

Postby Nav » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:43 am

Hi Janet,
Yes, if you use Page Controller > reloadPage, it will be the same as if you leave the page and come back (so it will show the page in its initial state).

If you're using the Flow Chart, you can have the Flow Chart leave the current node and then come back to it. If you're not using the Flow Chart, you'll probably want to create a button that when you click on it, sets things back to the state that you want it. That probably means hiding any feedback that you might have shown, setting the Input Text > setText to blank, or resetting the Drag and Drop, or whatever was the most current step. If you have multiple steps to your page, you might even have a separate Reset/Reload button for each step, and just show or hide them when it is appropriate.

If you have a particular example, I can record a video to illustrate it better.

- Nav
Nav

Re: Reset Input Text

Postby jmudd » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:14 am

Nav,

Dang if I didn't try that this weekend and it didn't work. But it's all good now.

Thanks!
jmudd

Return to General