mouseover/hover effect with text

For general questions about Content Authoring

Moderator: Nav

mouseover/hover effect with text

Postby dieter » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:36 am

Hi,

Currently I'm working on a project with a lot of links in it. It has a main menu with 5 tabs with each about 10 links referring to different parts of the course. Sadly, it's a bit unclear which link a user is clicking because there is no mouseover effect. All the links look the same. I'd like the link that the mouse is over to either get underlined or change color. Since I could not find an easy option for this I tried to make it with actions. rollover ---> change text colour, and rollout ---> change text colour back to original. Sadly, text elements don't have the option for a rollover and rollout effect. Perhaps I'm just missing something but I could't find an easy option for this.

So, in short, my question is: how can I create a simple mouseover effect so that the link the mouse is hovering over looks different from the surrounding links? Thanks a lot in advance for any help!
dieter

Re: mouseover/hover effect with text

Postby Nav » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:54 am

Hi Dieter,
What about using hotpots and separate text objects? It might be a little harder to do if the links are buried in a paragraph, but should still be possible.

Here's what I mean - http://screencast.com/t/Mnxi4EaXj9

- Nav
Nav

Postby dieter » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:22 pm

Hi Nav, thanks for your reply!

I thought of the hotspot solution as well, but the problem is - besides having to make 50 seperate hotspots over all the links and make a rollin and rollout action for each of them - that when you place a hotspot over a link the link does not work anymore because the hotspot is blocking it. So I would have to delete all the links and bind the action "go to page" to the hotspot. This would be an insane amount of work for a very basic function. I was kindof hoping for a simpler solution I just hadn't found yet. Like how it works in CSS/Javascript. But I guess there isn't? :?
dieter

Postby Nav » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:38 am

Hi Dieter,
Yes unfortunately I can't think of a solution that would make sense in this case. We will have styles for version 4, but I'm not sure if they will include anything about rollover formatting. I'll add that to the wishlist for version 4 so that we can discuss it as styles are being designed. Can you email me the name of the lesson and the page where you have this? I'll get a screen shot or save a copy of the page. It will be useful to have a real-world use case to point. ndhillon at suddenlysmart

Thanks!

- Nav
Nav

Return to General