Drag and drop - disable after answering

For general questions about Content Authoring

Moderator: Nav

Drag and drop - disable after answering

Postby AndyFrost » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:13 pm

Hi Nav,

Is it possible to disable drag objects once you have answered a drag and drop question within a lesson?

I’ve tried various methods of covering the drag objects with alpha’d (0%) rectangles, graphics etc but with no luck as I can still move the drag object once I’ve answered the question.

Thanks
Andy
AndyFrost

Re: Drag and drop - disable after answering

Postby Nav » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:15 pm

Hi Andy,
You are on the right track using an invisible object, but it cannot be in the same question/display as the drag and drop itself. The drag items "float" to the top of whatever display they are in. Either place the invisible (alpha = 0) shape into the feedback display (and make sure it is layered above), or place it on the stage itself (again, layered above).

If your Drag and Drop interaction is not in a Display or Question, then you'll want to move it into one first.

Let me know if that wasn't clear or doesn't work for you, and I can look at your particular lesson.

- Nav
Nav

Re: Drag and drop - disable after answering

Postby AndyFrost » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:22 pm

Hi Nav,

Thanks for your reply. I've moved all drag and drop elements into a Question Set, placed this Question Set below the alpha 0% rectangle 'cover' which covers the drag items when the question is answered. The drag items now appear disabled.

Many thanks
Andy
AndyFrost

Return to General