Drag and Drop - Less to More

For general questions about Content Authoring

Moderator: Nav

Drag and Drop - Less to More

Postby AndyFrost » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:47 am

Hi Nav,

Is it possible (using the Drag and Drop widget) to have 4 drag options and 6 drop options? I’m having trouble setting the feedback for options 5 and 6 (the distractors) in my exercise.

Many thanks
Andy
AndyFrost

Re: Drag and Drop - Less to More

Postby Nav » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:32 pm

Hi Andy,
Yes, that should be possible. Depending on how your interactivity is set up, you might be able to get away using this these options, and choosing your own graphics using the "..." buttons, and configuring the way they look - http://screencast.com/t/Izu1rrZlk87

If that doesn't work, and you are showing feedback immediately, there are two conditional methods for the DragAndDrop object called "Get Last Drop Name" and "Get Last Drag Name". So you could probably create an action something like this:

Trigger: Drag and Drop 1 > onDrop
Condition: Drag and Drop 1 > Get Last Drop Name == [here enter the exact name of drop object #5, which you can get from the properties panel]
True Response: [show your negative feedback]
False Response: [leave blank]

You can make that more complex and specific by adding a more conditions if you'd like (for example, by looking to see if the drop area is "Drop 5", and the drag item is "Drag 2", you can show specific feedback for that combination). You'll also probably need to manage hiding your feedback as well, but how you do that is dependent on how your feedback looks and when it shows up.

If you are not showing feedback immediately, it would be more complex. We have an object that might help with that, or you would have to use a number of variables to deal with it.

Let me know if that doesn't help!

- Nav
Nav

Return to General