Add questions to quiz template

build learning interactivity

Moderator: Nav

Add questions to quiz template

Postby BrimDawg » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:29 am

I want to create a quiz that has several multiple choice questions. I added a "Multiple Choice: 5 questions" template and then I wanted to add some additional questions. I duplicated a page and modified it, then went into the flow to add the conditions to the answers in the radio group. But when I test it the question 6 question comes up, but after I select the answer the submit button doesn't appear. I'm guessing there is a quick fix. Can you help?

Also, I would like to have a quiz that has some multiple-choice questions with one right answer, and some questions with more than one right answer. Can I combine question types?
BrimDawg

Re: Add questions to quiz template

Postby Nav » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:31 pm

Hi Steve,
It is always easier to apply a template with too many question and delete them than it is to start with too few. That being said, you certainly can add questions to your quiz, you just have to follow the example of the previous questions.

For your Submit button, take a look at any actions on the Submit buttons that do work.

2011-10-26_1545.png
2011-10-26_1545.png (12.89 KiB) Viewed 5882 times

Probably what you need to do is create an action that says when something has been changed (e.g. RB Group 1 > onSelectionChange), then show the button. It's hard to tell without seeing how the current lesson is set up.

As for your other question, it is possible. I'm not sure if you're asking for multiple responses to a question (such as "select all that apply"), or if you can have multiple single answers that are considered correct.

For the former, you would use an entirely new object - the Checkbox object - to allow the user to select multiple things.

For the latter, where the learner can only make one selection, but several of the options might be correct, you would alter the Flow Chart to add more conditions.

Here's a video that quickly outlines both methods. Please let me know if you have any further questions or if anything was unclear - http://screencast.com/t/kC7luJ3vO5

- Nav
Nav

Return to Action/Flow Chart/Variable