Multiple Choice using checkboxes (multi-answer)

build learning interactivity

Moderator: Nav

Multiple Choice using checkboxes (multi-answer)

Postby mdarmistead » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:27 am

Nav,

Here's what I'm trying to do:
I have a Checkpoint (no score reporting) in my lesson. The question requires the learner to choose the 3 correct responses out of 4 choices.
Right Answer - Show positive feed back and with a Continue button that takes them to the next page
Wrong Answer first two times - Show Incorrect Feedback and a Retry button (I want to show the # of attempts remaining in the feedback)
Wrong Answer 3rd time - Show Checkpoint Fail feedback but allow learner to click OK and go to next page.

I can get most of that done using the flowchart, but after the third wrong attempt it still shows the Incorrect Feedback and doesn't show the Checkpoint Fail feedback. Also, I cannot get the attempts remaining text box to show the variable value.
mdarmistead

Re: Multiple Choice using checkboxes (multi-answer)

Postby Nav » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:17 pm

Hi,
I'd really need to see how you've got this set up to troubleshoot it. Can you PM or email the name of your lesson and the page that has the interaction?

- Nav
Nav

Postby Nav » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:51 pm

Hi,
Since you are on a different server, here's a video that may help you. And anyone else that runs into this issue in the future.
http://screencast.com/t/pfflo1Ff

If you need further help, we should probably set up a gotomeeting and take a look at this together.

- Nav
Nav

Postby mdarmistead » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:39 pm

I figured out what I needed to do. I'll watch the video and see if you're working at it from a different angle. Thanks
mdarmistead

Postby mdarmistead » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:51 pm

Just watched the video... LOL I did it exactly opposite of the way you did it. My Attempts(1) variable is initialized at 3. I set the condition for the incorrect feedback to getValue >1 and the triggered action is to decrement the variable by 1 each attempt, using Add -1. This allows me to have a countdown on the incorrect feedback that shows how many attempts remain.
mdarmistead

Postby Nav » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:16 am

That's fine, you can count up or count down as long as the logic to handle it is set up accordingly. Does that mean that you've got it working now?

- Nav
Nav

Postby mdarmistead » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:07 pm

Yes, it's working. Thanks!
mdarmistead

Return to Action/Flow Chart/Variable