Revert visibility state of objects in a set

build learning interactivity

Moderator: Nav

Revert visibility state of objects in a set

Postby ayoub » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:16 am

Hi,

Is there a quick way of reverting visibility of objects to their initial state, within a display? Without having to add reverting actions for each individual object? And without reloading the page?

I use the method Onhide (display set) - setvisibility now, for each object that needs its visibility state reverted. But this is very time consuming in my lessons, as I use quite a few 'click to read more/to expand' buttons.

Thanks for your help!

Ayoub
ayoub

Re: Revert visibility state of objects in a set

Postby Nav » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:01 am

Hi,
There is not a way to revert back to the initial state. As you mentioned, reloading the page would do it. The use case you mentioned was for some more info popups, right? Are you trying to make a "close all" button? You can lump all these responses into one action. For example:

Trigger: Close All button > onClick
Response: More info 1 > hide
Response: More info 2 > hide
Response: More info 3 > hide
Response: More info 4 > hide

If you're using Set Visibility currently, I can imagine that would be time consuming. Hide is much faster.

It's kind of hard to know without seeing what you're doing. You can post a screenshot of your action here if you'd like, or a video if you use Jing.

Let me know if I'm missing something, but as far as I know, you'll have to create responses to hide each item. I take it you've already tried just hiding the display and showing it again (I'm pretty sure the items stay in their last visibility state).

- Nav
Nav

Re: Revert visibility state of objects in a set

Postby ayoub » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:32 am

Thanks,

I prefer to reset the visibility of objects in the diplay set after I've hidden the entire set. That way I avoid the hiding transitions of the objects. the only way to do that seems to be with SetVisibility. When I use hide, the objects reappear briefly and transition out, and that just looks silly.

I was just wondering whether there was a ResetDisplaySet type command. But there isn't so I'll just stick manually resetting them. No problemo.

Ayoub
ayoub

Return to Action/Flow Chart/Variable