Scores on multiple pages

build learning interactivity

Moderator: Nav

Scores on multiple pages

Postby maximise » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:59 pm

Hi,
I want to set up two different quizzes on two pages but to make one total score to go on the certificate. How can I add the two scores together? Is it possible?
maximise

Re: Scores on multiple pages

Postby jmalatino » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:42 pm

I would make a global number variable named "Score" and then at the end of each quiz add that quiz's score to the variable and then when you want to show the aggregate score at the end, divide the variable by 2 and that will be your aggregated score. Then you can fill a text object with that "Score" variable. If you need further assistance feel free to contact us via the Support Chat or post your follow up questions here.
jmalatino

Postby tahiya » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:16 pm

In a similar vein I have an instrument activity that I am trying to collect points on in a global variable. I have tried triggering the score update with one feedback display item, the "correct" message. So far the only correct math I get is when I use each separate screen change (separate graphic in each case) in a display set to trigger the score display update. This is very cumbersome. I just want the score to update each time the learner gets to see the "correct" feedback display. Is there something between flow charts and actions that is keeping this from working?
play, play, play
tahiya

Postby jmalatino » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:34 am

Hi Tahiya,

To correctly supply help with this I would have to have more information about how your interaction is set up. You could either post more specific details here or contact me via the support chat. Support Chat would probably be better since what you are experiencing is probably something specific to the exact interaction you have created and might take some exploring by me to properly diagnose. We can then post the results here and our solution can be of use to other SmartBuilder users.
jmalatino

Postby jmalatino » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:30 am

I also recorded a short video attempting to recreate the issue you are asking about.

http://screencast.com/t/xKDvTGKfkxdv
jmalatino

Postby tahiya » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:39 pm

I've got it working. I didn't realize that I needed to set up the subtraction a little differently for when the answer was incorrect. I was using the change question feature of the question display set to trigger updating the score but when I wanted it to subtract for an incorrect answer it wouldn't update because I had the question looping back to itself in order to give them unlimited tries to get it right. When I added an action to trigger a score update when the incorrect feedback message displays, it worked fine. I am also able to cause the score box to display correctly on jumping to the next page. Thanks for video. It confirmed that I was on the right track.
play, play, play
tahiya

Return to Action/Flow Chart/Variable